Sarah Walsh will be convening a seminar with Dr Fernanda Peñaloza of the Spanish and Latin American Studies Department on 16-17 July 2015. Mapping Connections: Australia and Latin America will investigate affinities, connections, and tensions in the south-south axis between Australia and Latin America. Participants will explore how Latin America is imagined, created, and approached in the trajectories of Australian scholarship.
Keynote: Barry Carr (La Trobe University)
- Michael Jacklin (Wollongong University)
- Vek Lewis (The University of Sydney)
- Alfredo Martinez-Exposito (University of Melbourne)
- Robert Mason (University of Southern Queensland)
- Anthea McCarthy-Jones (University of Canberra)
- Sara C. Motta (Newcastle University)
- Kevin Murray (RMIT)
- Cristina Rocha (University of Western Sydney)
- Robin Rodd (James Cook University)
- Catherine Seaton (Wollongong University)
- Irene Strodthoff
For more details, see the workshop flyer.